New Build day

Started by enjenjo, December 27, 2011, 05:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Here's a few pics from today's work.

Not too bad a day for February in the frozen north.

Moose spent most of his time welding panels

Tom, Dan, Moose and Frank figurin'

Making a bracket

Mocking up 4 link

It was good to spend the day with youse guys.

P.S.  Didja notice Enjenjo cleaned up his shop?  Almost made me think about cleaning mine up.....almost :wink:
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "purplepickup"
P.S.  Didja notice Enjenjo cleaned up his shop?  Almost made me think about cleaning mine up.....almost :wink:

Maybe you need the pressure of a build day to get your butt in gears huh??? :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

GPster

Is the trunk lid welded in solid? The body looks square and I can't tell if the edges of the trunk lid are ground clean for welds or just for general principal. Where's the Buick station wagon? Not out in the cold and snow I hope. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Maybe you need the pressure of a build day to get your butt in gears huh??? :wink:

I know I did. It took two days. And I still did not clean the benches, I'll try to do that this week.

Lots of welding was done on the body, lots left to do. Until this build day every thing was just tacked together. Now it is getting strong.

We got the rear end hung on the chassis, it gives us a place to start  figuring where every thing goes. I believe we are going to use a Watts linkage for side control in the rear. The present plan is for a straight axle in front, on torsion bars, with a 4 bar front suspension, using Volvo spindles and brakes.

How about a March build day? Anyone up for it?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"Here's a few pics from today's work.

Making a bracket

Looks like a few more cameras on Frank... just sayin.

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

QuoteLooks like a few more cameras on Frank... just sayin.

I knew that was coming. :D

Joe, there is no trunk lid. So we welded the rear panel in, and we'll cut an opening for battery/fuel access, probably with a fiberglass lid.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "enjenjo"
How about a March build day? Anyone up for it?

I'm in.  I don't have anything planned for any of the weekends in March yet.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteLooks like a few more cameras on Frank... just sayin.

I knew that was coming. :D

Joe, there is no trunk lid. So we welded the rear panel in, and we'll cut an opening for battery/fuel access, probably with a fiberglass lid.

good thing i wasn't there, we'd need a lot more cameras :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

39deluxe

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Joe, there is no trunk lid. So we welded the rear panel in, and we'll cut an opening for battery/fuel access, probably with a fiberglass lid.
Guess I'm not much on Crosley body styles. Of course it looks different than the pile of metal we started with. GPster

GPster

I know the 17ty-18th and the 24th-25th are out for me and who can tell if we'll have weather on the other weekends. GPster