'nuther project in my shop

Started by DRD57, April 27, 2011, 11:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

Nice work! You know when such modifications work because they look right, and this really does. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished car.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Carps

Nice work dude, like the inside of a duck.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

DRD57

I finally got all my photos of this project sorted out and put into a project log.

http://highway99hotrods.com/TM40/TM40.html

kb426

How many hours does it take to do this? I know how much work I can get done in a day, I'm interested to know how much other people can get done. Don, I like the vision is this project. Doing something that didn't exist is always very interesting to me. I have seen that all your stuff gets driven alot so I'm guessing that the same mind set applies to most of your work.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

WOW thats a job and a half there! nice work.

DRD57

Quote from: kb426How many hours does it take to do this? quote]

Off the top of my head I'd say we have about 1000 hours in it over 3 years.

Charlie Chops 1940

That's some of your usual nice work there Don. Your lowering of the MII front end is exactly what I did when I installed my Heidt's kit 25 years ago or so. It's just right...borderline too low. What I like about that solution over dropped spindles is that you don't get the strange steering geometry.

I particularly like the change to a top with quarter windows. If I was wearing a younger mans clothes I'd do that to my '40 Chevy.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

oj

Phew! Man, that is some serious work!  What a job, thanks for documenting and the write up.

jaybee

It's hard to fully appreciate what you've done there without going through the photo album...there's a lot of work involved in building a car this subtle and effective.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)