Don Siewert

Started by Cword, January 11, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Mike ...Our thoughts & prayers are with you & your family also .... May your Dad rest in peace ....

Bob......
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

jaybee

Sending thoughts and prayers to all who knew and care about Don, especially the family. He's already missed.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Cword

Thank you all.

I'll be driving dad's hiboy to the service on Tuesday, I suppose I'll have to leave that left signal onn all the way there.

The Obituary and service Information
--

purplepickup

So sorry Mike.  Your dad was a man that lived a full life with a positive attitude and lots of heartfelt laughter.  We'll all miss him but I think we are better off for having known him.  What a character he was!
George

Ohio Blue Tip

Sorry to read that, from the few times I spent with him, we sure had fun.  A fine man and he will be missed.

Ken
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Rochie

Mike,
Please accept my condolences regarding your Dad. I only met him once in '07 and you could just tell he was a good man. So sorry mike.
Wayne

Cword

Thanks everyone.
Tuesday January 17 was the day of the service here. The high temp for the day was -30C, but for our family it was a record for warmth. The crowd that showed up overwhelmed the funeral home and the outpouring of support and friendship for dad will keep us warm inside forever.

Here's a shot of me and dad (in a d box on the passenger seat) departing the funeral home post-service.  

The flatty ran great at -30, it even started well after sitting outside for 4 hours, but took some time before it would idle well.

My brother was in on the act too, he drove Eddy, dad's '28 pickup

Mike
--

jaybee

What an awesome tribute to your Dad...if we're remembered and honored that well when we pass then we leave this Earth with no regrets.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)