Not a good sight when I dropped the pan

Started by junkyardjeff, January 01, 2012, 03:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I bought what was supposed to be a rebuilt AOD to put in my 2wd bronco project and today I dropped the pan to put fresh fluid and filter since it sat outside all summer,found circular metal chunks in the filter and small roller bearings in the bottom of the pan so someone did not do a good job if it was ever rebuilt. The fluid was dark but the seller claimed it was Royal Purple trans fluid so since it did not smell burnt I bought it and now wish I passed on it,I am going to take what I found to my trans guy and see what he thinks is wrong and possibly take the "rebuilt" trans and the 4x4 trans and make a good one. The 4x4 trans worked great so maybe with the 2wd tail shaft and related parts along with a freshening I could have a good trans.

348tripower

Bought a motor like that once. Seller said it lost oil pressure and shut it right off. Couldn't even save the block. Now i make them open them up.
Don Colliau

ACEMAN419

a lot of news the rebuilder dont wash them clean inside so dont panic yet could be leftovers from where it puked before