350 to 200R4

Started by 48ford, August 10, 2004, 05:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

I want to swap the 350 tranny to a 200R4 in the 46 ford sedan.I used a chassis engineering kit to open up the X member,but it's still a close fit.Has anyone done this swap?will i have to rebuild the x frame?
Thanks Russ&Irene

Dave

Quote from: "48ford"I want to swap the 350 tranny to a 200R4 in the 46 ford sedan.I used a chassis engineering kit to open up the X member,but it's still a close fit.Has anyone done this swap?will i have to rebuild the x frame?
Thanks Russ&Irene
I guess my question is whats wrong with the 350??? other than that sorry i cant help ya..
Dave :?:

48ford

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "48ford"I want to swap the 350 tranny to a 200R4 in the 46 ford sedan.I used a chassis engineering kit to open up the X member,but it's still a close fit.Has anyone done this swap?will i have to rebuild the x frame?
Thanks Russ&Irene
I guess my question is whats wrong with the 350??? other than that sorry i cant help ya..
Dave :?:
3:75 rear end,and the 350 has a front seal leak,so i have to pull it to fix the leak may as well put in overdrive

enjenjo

Yes I have. The CE kit doesn't open it up enough. There are a couple kits on the market that do. The trans mount also moves back a bunch.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

48ford

Quote from: "enjenjo"Yes I have. The CE kit doesn't open it up enough. There are a couple kits on the market that do. The trans mount also moves back a bunch.
Thanks frank,
I talked to someone at chassie engineering,they said it cant be done,bad thing to say,I will post pictures after its built.
thanks Russ