Thanks for letting me join you ........

Started by Old Coyote, October 29, 2011, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

NICE! I have a 49 anglia and havent managed to post pictures in the 4 years ive been a member. How long have you had the thames, what did you used to drag race with?

UGLY OLDS

Hi .... Welcome to the RRT ... Super NICE Thames.... 8)    VERY nicely done .... );b(

Bob............ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

papastoyss

Welcome to the RRT from another old retired drag racer.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chimp koose

What kind of carb are you running under the injector stacks? Is the air cleaner thru the stacks?

Old Coyote

Quote from: "chimp koose"What kind of carb are you running under the injector stacks? Is the air cleaner thru the stacks?

We're running a 600cfm Edelbrock under the stacks. The shroud, built by Alan Shadwick in New Zealand, houses a K&N filter and the carb breathes through the front and rear pair of stacks ......... the center 4 stacks are blocked off  :D  :D
I may have to grow old, but I refuse to grow up !!

Ernie Callen

Welcome John have not been here very long, but have found it to be very friendly. Great Car!
Ernie

Old Coyote

Quote from: "chimp koose"How long have you had the thames, what did you used to drag race with?

Sorry Chimp, just saw this.

We have had the Thames since 1998, bought it from a friend in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Started racing decades ago with a J/S '55 Chevy, graduated to a C/S '60 Impala, on to a B/MSP '61 Corvette, and finally an A/A '32 Bantam roadster ....... gave up racing in 1979, as it had become entirely too expensive to try to field a competitive NHRA sportsman car  :roll:  :roll:
I may have to grow old, but I refuse to grow up !!

chimp koose

I have had my anglia since 99. Still a project,and now for sale. I started drag racing in 81,65 mustang fastback. did more crew work on other cars than racing.did a season of crewing on a TA/D and a TA/FC . Quit racing after the 97 season,had a front engine dragster then. Went to the march meet in 05 and crewed on my old dragster for the new owner,was supposed to drive his other fed but it wasnt finished in time.Started working with my old racing buddy 4 seasons ago on a 84 marquis station wagon ,best so far is a 9.02 @151 . Have learned a fair bit about N2O the last few years.Got to help another friend this summer on a blown injected alcohol nova,love the blown alcohol stuff! You will love this site, the only attitude here is helpful.