Strike 2

Started by Mikej, October 04, 2011, 01:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

The old coupe got another ride Saturday. 2nd time in 3 months. Had to use the AAA card this time. Nothing to serious. The fuel pump went out. I have one ordered. Should be here to today. Near as I can tell it was 19 years old. Holley red. Going to change the filter also. Could be the same age. Hopfully I can finish breaking in the Diff without another mishap.

Old Blue

That's why we call them old cars  :)  It gets old having them towed  :wink:

phat46

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if it weren't for old cars our tools would rust"  :lol:

jaybee

Dang, rough Summer for the old girl.  At least this one is a relatively minor problem.  Hope you still get in some good cruising before the snow flies.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Uncle Bob

Aren't hobbies fun? :?
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Mikej

Rolling again. Threw my tools in this time. Been quite awhile since I did that. 20 more miles on the break-in of the diff. an oil change. Than will stretch out her legs alittle.
 Did notice the volt meter is running higher. The old pump must have been drawing some high amps.

Mikej

ZZ-TOPS and me. I quick stretch of the legs this morning. Frank, no police were involved. I was a couple of MPH short of the intended target. Fortunately the wife wasn't with so I may have to try again. I won't want to come up short next time. :lol: