any one use a battery tender?

Started by 48ford, September 28, 2011, 08:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

You hit on a SORE subject of mine. That is Auto parts sales persons. Most of you are hot rodders, so most of our parts are NOT in there computer. That makes most of them give you that blank stare. I went into Advanced Auto parts with my bent coat hanger to get a lower radiator hose. Mr Auto parts expert ask what I needed and I said I need a lower radiator hose for a small block Chevy in my 1936 dodge and I wanted to go behind the sacred counter to go pick out my hose. He said no because we can just look it up here in the computer. After 5 to 10 min. half of the time he was aswering the phone. He looked in the computer and could not find a hose ,so he said they did not have one. I said you are right , and left. You would think you would need at least a little knologe of cars to work there, but I guess not.
The best way I have found to get the part you want is to take a paper with the part number on it and say get me THIS part ! They always ask what car does it go on and I say just get THIS part!
Just my two cents worth, Rick

Glen

I bought my six volt battery tender at ACE hardware.  They probably had them in stock for riding lawnmowers.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Learpilot"You hit on a SORE subject of mine. That is Auto parts sales persons. Most of you are hot rodders, so most of our parts are NOT in there computer. That makes most of them give you that blank stare. I went into Advanced Auto parts with my bent coat hanger to get a lower radiator hose. Mr Auto parts expert ask what I needed and I said I need a lower radiator hose for a small block Chevy in my 1936 dodge and I wanted to go behind the sacred counter to go pick out my hose. He said no because we can just look it up here in the computer. After 5 to 10 min. half of the time he was aswering the phone. He looked in the computer and could not find a hose ,so he said they did not have one. I said you are right , and left. You would think you would need at least a little knologe of cars to work there, but I guess not.
The best way I have found to get the part you want is to take a paper with the part number on it and say get me THIS part ! They always ask what car does it go on and I say just get THIS part!
Just my two cents worth, Rick

I stopped at my local Alto-Zone yesterday for one of those "impossible"  parts ..  After repeating 3 times ..." I need a quarter inch by 60 inch brake line with inverted flare ends" ,  the nice parts seller said "follow me" ... He took me to the brake line rack behind the counter & said "pick the one you need , I will check you out at the register" ....He had no clue what I wanted other than a "brake line" ..... Very sad .....( 'Course the other "parts seller" is a 60 something guy that knows every part of every car / truck / bus ever made ...NOT  :evil: - The worst thing is he always  argues  with you that HE is right ....... :twisted:  ) ..

Sorry Russ for hacking your thread.... :oops:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

39deluxe

The ones I have are called Battery Butler. I have used then for years on the Corvettes that set most of the time and the lawn mower. Sure is nice to have that mower start every spring and have the battery last for more than 2 years.

Tom