Sanden A/C compressor questions

Started by 48builder, August 05, 2004, 12:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

The A/C compressor in my '39 went a few years back while I was up at the Burlington NSRA show. I still haven't gotten around to replacing it. When I got it, as I remember it was out of a mid 80's Chrysler product car.

I had it mounted to the small block with brackets from Hot Rod Bill's or something like that. It looks like the Sanden 508's you see al the street rod shops selling.

Is there someplace I can find out what cars may have had this style/size compressor? Yes, I'm trying to save a few bucks rather than buying from Vintage Air or one of those shops.

If that fails, where's a good place to buy one?
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

EMSjunkie

Near as I can remember some of the Volvos and Saabs came equipped with Sanden compressors. not sure what years. I found one for my coupe on Ebay. it is an R-12 unit, but can easily be changed to R-134a.
good luck on your hunt.

Vance

"make a Paramedic happy, wear you seat belts"
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Bruce Dorsi

Are there any numbers on your compressor, Walt?  ....If so, try doing a Google search.

There are several companies selling remanufactured compressors online.

You may be able to find applications listed at one of these companies.

You could also check at a local auto parts store, to see if they can identify it, and quote you a price.  ....You may be able to learn the applications that way.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

an4itio

1990 Jeep Cherokee V6 for compressor with serpentine clutch and 1986 Jeep Cherokee 2.8 V6 for compressor with V-belt clutch. Should be what you are looking for.
Dont DistUrbed Me Im DiStuRbEd EnOuGh!!

Phat

I have them in stock and they are NEW  No proffit polished or satin 199. plus shipping.  I know the rebuilds around here are a lot more.  I have 5 in stock at all times if you dont find one.  This is not spam as thats my cost. :shock:  Just and offer
Old racers go in deep and come out hard