Hey, don't pay the ransom, I escaped.

Started by 48builder, July 29, 2004, 12:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Is there anybody out there who still remembers me? I haven't been here in ages. It all started with a little detour to the middle east, in order to drop a few heavies on some Iraqi insurgents. That was only a little trip, but then was been busier than a 3-peckered paper hangar at my civilian job. Things have finally slowed down, I'm working on my car agin, and all is well with the world.

Hey Charliee, when am I going to get my headlight ring :-).

Hey Bruce, sorry we missed you this year. Did you come up for the show?
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Hey, welcome back to the good ol US of A!!  I'll bet it feels good to be back.  And thanks for blowin' smoke up the bad guy's asses :twisted:
George

Bob K

Hey Walt:  Wondered about you the other day, glad to hear you made it back ok.

Keep us posted with PICTURES.

B :P B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

midnight sun

Quote from: "48builder"Is there anybody out there who still remembers me? I haven't been here in ages. It all started with a little detour to the middle east, in order to drop a few heavies on some Iraqi insurgents. That was only a little trip, but then was been busier than a 3-peckered paper hangar at my civilian job. Things have finally slowed down, I'm working on my car agin, and all is well with the world.

Thank you for your service to America and welcome back.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Bruce Dorsi

Hi, Walt!  .....I was wondering about you!

We weren't able to attend Syracuse this year, so I didn't try contacting you.  .....We did think about you and the family, though!
....It was also the one year anniversary for Pete, so I had you in mind.

I've been meaning to e-mail Charlie, to find out if he saw you at the show, but I never got around to actually doing it.

So, you went back to the Middle East after December?

Glad you're back home with your family!  .....Don't be a stranger here!

~~~~Bruce
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

48builder

Was just so busy after last time I spoke to you. Everything is under control now though, relatively speaking. :-)

I do have a room reserved in Burlington this year. I think I am ready to go back. Plus, Geen'a boyfriend goes to school there, so she wants to go. Any chance of you guys coming up?
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

48builder

I do need to take a few pics, although it really doesn't look much different than when you last saw it, I'm sad to say.

As of tomorrow, all that is going to change, though :-). I told Shawn I want to pick one nigt a week I can dedicate to the car. After all, I am building it for her. Trouble is, I said that a year ago, and it hasn't happened yet. :-).
'39 Chevy driver

Bruce Dorsi

Burlington is not going to happen for us this year.

My Dad turned 90 in January and has some health problems, so he decided to finally retire!  .....I'm stuck running his business until I can find someone to lease the property.

If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get a day off to attend Rhinebeck GoodGuys, which is the same weekend as Burlington this year.

Having both shows on the same weekend is bound to affect the attendance at both events.  ....NSRA/Burlington will probably suffer poorer attendance.  .....GoodGuys has opened the show to 1972 (?) models, in hopes of attracting more participants.

48builder

or tell me, the widths for Camaro rears? I can't seem to find the link that used to be around for that info.

Thanks.

Hey, good luck on your retirement!
'39 Chevy driver

moondisc

"Is there anybody out there who still remembers me?"

Skinny dorky guy, with a green swimming pool?
I think I remember.  :lol:

"I haven't been here in ages. It all started with a little detour to the middle east, in order to drop a few heavies on some Iraqi insurgents."

Thought of you every time the news came on. We prayed for you too.
Glad you made it back bud.
Tried to email you, but it got kicked back.
Send me an email, and I'll send you the list of rear end measurments.

"That was only a little trip, but then was been busier than a 3-peckered paper hangar at my civilian job. Things have finally slowed down, I'm working on my car agin, and all is well with the world."

Don't you still work for NiMo?
I thought you guys just hung in coffee shops with cops?
That's right, your an inside man. You hang by the water cooler!  :lol:

"Hey Charliee, when am I going to get my headlight ring :-)."

You show me some progress and you'll have your ring.  :lol:
I'm a great one to talk. Been doing a lot of wheelspinning myself lately.

Next Sunday. South Butler dragstrip. Meet me there, and I'll run the wifes big ugly tank against your 39.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "moondisc"Next Sunday. South Butler dragstrip. Meet me there, and I'll run the wifes big ugly tank against your 39.

.....Yeah, sure Charlie! ....We're all wise to you by now.

If you win, it's YOUR car, but if you lose, it's "the wife's!"   :lol:

moondisc

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "moondisc"Next Sunday. South Butler dragstrip. Meet me there, and I'll run the wifes big ugly tank against your 39.

.....Yeah, sure Charlie! ....We're all wise to you by now.

If you win, it's YOUR car, but if you lose, it's "the wife's!"   :lol:

It's her car no matter what.
If I win, it's my superior driving.
If I lose, it's her * slowboat hehe

48builder

When are you going to pick a day for the South Butler Drags when I can show up? Is it this coming Sunday or the 15th? I can make the 15th, but not until about 1:00. LMK the details. I'd love to do that.
'39 Chevy driver