Lawrence "Rounman" Chambless

Started by alchevy, July 04, 2011, 10:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Lawrence "Rounman" Chambless from Brandon, MS passed away July 3rd, 2010. He was inducted into the Mississippi Street Rodder Hall of Fame in 2006. Many folks knew him from all over the US, mainly in the Southeast. He was one of the early street rodders in Mississippi. Here is the write-up in the newspaper:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/clarionledger/obituary.aspx?n=lawrence-chambless&pid=152374649
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

Sorry to read the news.  I have not heard of him, I doubt he heard of me either.

RIP
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

Mississippi gives out a Street Rodder of the Year award in January at our state planning meeting where car clubs and car show organizers get together and tell about their upcoming events. Last time, we got the guys together for a photo that were still with us. Rounman is in the back row second from the left.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com