Slim Jim door tool

Started by butch27, June 27, 2011, 09:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch27

I used a cut down stainless "Slim Jim" to hang my side pipes on the "T". Now I need one for the other side but they tell me they are Illegal to buy. What kind of spring stainless steel about 1-1/2" wide can I use for the other side? It worked great for me. These stupid laws P O me. Can't have any fun. LOL

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Harry

Heavy steel strapping (banding?) will work.

wayne petty

do you have an catering truck builders nearby???

do you have any restaurant kitchen sheet metal shops..

both of them will have various thicknesses of Stainless steel and a shear to cut it into strips..

if you can post before 11 30 am tomorrow pacific time.. the exact width and length you need.. i will be within a few blocks of  several stainless steel sheet metal shops tomorrow.. i don't know if i will have a choice of thickness.

these places build stainless walls for cooking areas...   food prep benches of stainless..   sink  counters of stainless..

ACEMAN419

Advance Auto Parts stocks them and there reasonable

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "ACEMAN419"Advance Auto Parts stocks them and there reasonable

They sure do, in fact they were hanging right next to the package of springs I bought last weekend.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

butch27

Thanks everyone. I got it at Advance Auto.  They sure didn't act like it was and illegal item!!

tomslik

Quote from: "butch27"Thanks everyone. I got it at Advance Auto.  They sure didn't act like it was and illegal item!!

it's not (at least not yet)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list