Ford power seats

Started by ragdol, May 04, 2011, 11:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragdol

First off, I have a pair of '08 Sable buckets, 8 way memory drivers, 4 way pass. Is there a way to make these work without using 2 relays for each function? I want to use the Ford switches. TIA, Larry.

wayne petty

2 conventional relays in a motor reversing circuit is far cheeper than the special relays that will be required for the motor reversing..

switch off..  both relays deactivated..   pin 30 to pin 87  is normally closed.. so ground is on pin 87 of both relays...  

one side of the motor is on pin 30 of one relay ..

the other side of the motor on the other pin 30....

positive on pin 87A on both relays..

i could be totally wrong as it is really late...

with the switch off.. both sides of the motor have ground running to it..

when you activate the switch in one direction.. you power up one relay..  moving the contacts in that relay to the 30 and 87A  so the motor gets power from that relay...   spins the motor in one direction..

when you activate the switch in the other direction..  you power up the other relay.. sending power down that side of the motor wire.. spinning the motor in the other direction...

since you are only activating ONE relay at a time.. the inactive relay just continues to send ground to the motor..

car alarm suppliers has dual relay sockets already prewired for reversing motor control.... with the proper jumpers installed already.. saves you from having to connect more wires....

i have used these many times...

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/SRLY-4/DUAL-SOCKET-FOR-AUTO-RELAY//1.html

close up image..

http://www.allelectronics.com/mas_assets/image_cache/h.800,s.1,w.800,yajmikura.true,m.20eece8a6081556b2ef68896299d4954,9416,srly_4.jpg

you cannot see the jumped wires on the back side of the view.. i have some kicking around someplace if you want a rear view...

one more thing.. i don't have one.. but you might want to look at the 2008 seat wiring diagram.. as that might be computer controlled.. via the CAN system.. where it sends requests with digital commands.. not just voltage on.. off signals...

those seats might also have air bags in the sides... look carefully.. don't probe things to see what they are connected to.. air bags usually have Yellow harness colors..  or connector colors with GOLD plated pins..

ragdol

Thanks Wayne, I'll look into those sockets. Larry