Toyota recalls and black box recording device

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, November 06, 2010, 01:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "wayne petty"it would take some kind of tap into the circuit.   and a decent computer to wiretap every command down that wire.  while the car is in runaway mode to trap the spurious signals..     i wonder if the blue tooth in the onboard stereo or built in cell phone is on the same can circuit..    some random signal via some cell phones bluetooth might be enough to set it off..
It's my understanding that NSA checked all those codes and a whole bunch more, plus a few things mere car guys would never think to consider.

Quote from: "Crosley"Vee Dub still provides 41 - 43 mpg on each tank of diesel.
The new ones are able to better than by a considerable margin and without sacrificing driving performance.  

Quote from: "Crosley"My wife loves the size of the car. Not small , not big. She is happy with it. That means a great deal to me
I'm thinking that's about as important as it gets, if she's the driver more than you, you'll never live it down if you get something you like that she doesn't.  Doing that could be much more painful than anything that accelerates unintentionally.

PS - The Civic isn't a bad thing, but in my ever so humble opinion not as well finished or specced as some similarly priced rivals.  Nissan offer a couple of good alternatives.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Mikej

Crosley.In.AZ

Drove a Toyota Corolla car. Wife did not care for it.  Nothing real specific about the car.  One of those things where you drive something and just does not fit you for some mental thought or reason.

She has driven a Civic for work use.  It was a hybrid model.  She said it sucked for power and the engine sounded like it was over reving most of the time.  Must have a CVT for a transmission.

Need to drive a Scion I guess
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

prolly not a whole lot difference from scion and a corolla... but it's worth a test drive...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"prolly not a whole lot difference from scion and a corolla... but it's worth a test drive...

yep , never know.   Most folks  know that with in a few seconds you like something or not.

co-worker went to a HD cycle test ride day a week or 2 ago...  Owner of Hughes and I told him to ride the Street glide, that we felt he would like it.

Owner of Hughes has a street glide HD..  I rode it last year. With in 2 turns and 1 street block, I liked the bike.  Handled well, throttle by wire works real well, the seat position worked well for me.

Checked into Ford small cars like Focus.  They now use the electronic dual clutch design automatic transmission same as the Jetta has.  It works well in most situations in traffic. Not the same as regular automatic trans with torque converter.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)