PARTS for GM 1990 truck column

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 31, 2011, 10:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I have a non-shift,  tilt column out of a 1990 chevy truck (as I recall).

needs typical pot metal parts replaced in the top of the unit to repair it.  i got a price of 175 - 200 dollars from local place.  Kinda surprised by the price.

Any online places sell parts or part kits? A google search turned up some places where part prices seemed very silly high  too.

Are these broken  columns now expensive to repair?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

there was a company near you called...  Nusource...  or nuparts.com

they had every steering column part...  in stock... the went bellyup... just a few months ago... think there were in tempe...

try the parts list web site i posted...    compnine.com

they will show all the individual parts and a gm diagram..

with that you can google the part numbers..

many steering column parts are OEM made by strattec...  and thats what they had in stock at nuparts...  warehouse full    went at auction..   probably ended up as scrap someplace...   as buyers would see the zinc content only.. not the actual value of the parts...

see if you can click directly in at this link...

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?t=1&year=1990&majorgroup=06&supplgroup=NULL&catcode=52C&modelcode=C&makecode=LC&grouptype=B&modelid=6549&uid=1

there seem to be 2 steering column sections...

wayne petty

this might take you to the exact section...

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=1&year=1990&artnbr=T6-86&artsfx=5&supplgroup=NULL&catcode=52C&modelcode=C&makecode=LC&modelseries=NULL&uid=1&modelid=6549&capuid=1&majorgroup=06&grouptype=B

yep.. works...   click the actual part numbers on the list below for the individual parts buyers guide...   lets you know what it fits also...

tomslik

i may have a bunch of the parts,shoot me some picks of what you need...or circle what you need from wayne's link.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

see photos

small peice broke off , is part that hooks to the half moon shaped part in column the key moves.

I can not get the key to rotate fully, need to pull the clolumn down fully. I hate to do that with out new  parts around, yet I may need more parts than i know unless I tear the clolumn down
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

shoot me your mailing addy(got it somewhere but t beats me where it is..)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list