Mustang vs truck 302

Started by junkyardjeff, March 29, 2011, 11:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I am going to look at a 87 bronco that has a 92 mustang motor sitting in it but not completely hooked up and has none of the truck EFI parts,I know the mustang has a mass airflow system and the truck has speed density so can I just get the truck EFI parts and put them on the mustang motor.  Did the mustang motors use the 351 cam or do they have the normal 302 firing order,since I am going to convert the bronco to 2wd and lower it I might just try to find a running 87 truck for parts and use the complete drivetrain but would like to get it running quick since I will need to get a out of state inspection to get the title.

kb426

351 firing order. The truck has a different intake than a car. As long as the correct wiring harness is used, it can be sd or mass air. The ecu is different also if I remember correctly. The sd has to have a map sensor and the mass air doesn't. This site will answer all your questions.
http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/
TEAM SMART

junkyardjeff

I thought the mustang had a different firing order and since the bronco will get converted to 2wd I will look for a running 87 truck for a donor and use the mustang motor for another project,if I convert it to a MAF system I think it will get a lightning 351 and will do it a later date.