Search for the "T Bird Deuce"

Started by 47convert, January 25, 2011, 09:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47convert

I'm searching for the present location of this cool old Hot Rod. It was built in London Ontario Canada back in 1955 using the drivetrain and a lot of other parts from a wrecked new '55 Ford. A 312 engine replaced the origian 272 shortly after the car was finished. We've been able to trace this car from 1955 through 13 different owners, six different cities and two countries right up to approximately 1993 but we've come to a stand still. I wrote an article about this car in the latest issue of Canadian Hot Rods. The first pic is of the car the way it was built in 1955 and the others are the way it looked when it was sold in Adrian Michigan in 1993. If anyone knows this car I would sure appreciate a pm. It would be very cool to be able to complete the story. The Y block is gone and it's got a 351 Windsor in it now (or at least it did in 1993) Thanx.

chimp koose

Have you tried posting on gasser madness? They have a lost and found page . It is surprising how many get found.

47convert

Never heard of that site. I'll check it out - thanx

river1

SWEET CAR!!! i like the original version

you might try posting over on the HAMB and hotrodders.com also

you might get your fish with a wider net

later jim

EDIT: i see you already have it on the HAMB
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Adrian is only about 20 miles from me. I do not recall ever seeing that car. I may know someone who has though.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

As built that car is SA-WEET!  Everything just looks great.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

I know I'm getting old-- the original version is PERFECT!  Tom...

58Apache

I agree with ya Tom! I like the top pic the best!

parklane

The car and present owner have now been found, according to a post on another site.
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

47convert

Yes! We found the car and it may be for sale. The fourth owner is very interested in getting it back and we're hoping that works out for him. I'll do a follow up in Canadian Hot Rods Magazine once everything falls out. Most fun I've had in a long time. A lot of research went into this and I want to tank everyone that helped or tried to help in any way.

47convert

Well to be honest I don't want to tank everyone who helped - I'm just not that kind of guy. I do want to THANK them though. Gotta start checking my post before I hit the submit button. I'll have some fresh pics of the car as it is today next week. We're going to see it on Friday.