Test drive

Started by Mikej, January 06, 2011, 05:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

Drove a 2010 Challenger RT today. 5.7 Hemi. What a nice car. I put the trans in manual mode and it shifts into 2nd by itself when you hit redline. Really barks the tires. Drives good and sounds good. 80 felt like 50. I touched 100 before common sense took ahold. Man could I get into trouble with this car. Going to have to think on this one. I know I'll ask the wife. :lol:

enjenjo

My neighbor bought one. He liked it until he found it would not beat a new  Mustang. It won't beat the other neighbors new Camaro either. :(  He is trying to trade it for one with a manual trans, much faster he says.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carnut

The hot versions of all three makes are just unbelievable in this day and age.

Does warm the cockles of my heart and I do envy those who can afford to enjoy them.

taxpyer

If anybody buys one of the cars mentioned please post your experiences with them so I can experience it too :D  being as there is no way in !@#$ that I can afford any one of them. :oops:
They are indeed beautiful machines!
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

jaybee

It's the slowest of the three new ponycars because it's the heaviest, and by a fair bit.  That said any of them are incredible cars, able to embarrass any of the original musclecars with increased comfort in the bargain.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

I've sat in them, never driven them.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

I saw my son's SS2 Camaro over the holidays....Had no desire to drive it ...( Actually was too afraid I would break it ... :lol: ) ...

Sure is a really nice car ...BIG difference from the Camaro's from our day ..... :shock:

WAY beyond our pocketbook....... :roll:

The spare tire is a can of "Fix-A-Flat" as they cannot get a temp spare to fit in place of a 19" wheel & clear the brake calipers .... :shock:

Bob.......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Arnold

Err..um..there is a man. trans 6.0/425h version with factory sidepipes adding another 35h.(Here in Canada anyway)  Buddy works for Chrysler..drove one. Said it can get sideways and scary purtty quick. Don't know of any road tests or how this one compares.

Mikej

The 5.7 Hemi has 390HP according to the salesman. Also the salesman never batted an eye. Nice guy. I even ask him if anyone had got a speeding ticket on a test drive. Said no. I have I'm afaid but not this time . We even went thru 2 speed traps.
 The spare is a fix a flat in the Challanger also.  The wife wants to go for a test ride also but I'm resisting. :lol:  Doubt if we will get one yet. Price and my lack of self control. ( the wife pushs my knee down. Its her fault .....no really) She is German. So 120mph down the autobahn doesn't bother her.
 I think they look more like a CUDA of old then the Challenger.

Crosley.In.AZ

Many of the new Challengers have large diameter wheels and tires.  make the cars look goofy to me.

For some reason the Camaro and Stang look OK.  Must wheel well design?  Suspension height?

:?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Mikej

Quote from: "Crosley"Many of the new Challengers have large diameter wheels and tires.  make the cars look goofy to me.

For some reason the Camaro and Stang look OK.  Must wheel well design?  Suspension height?

:?
The RT I drove had the 17" wheels. No stripes. The next package went to 19" wheels that looked like Cragers. I didn't care for them either. More options = $6000 more  another $6000= SRT