Drag week Nova

Started by sirstude, December 31, 2010, 07:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

A friend of mine sent me this link to the Drag Week final runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwF-kr91uxU
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Can you imagine back when that car was new, predicting that one of them would get into the 6s in street trim?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

i remember when it was a big deal that fuel cars were regularly in the 6 sec range.  Imagine taking that Nova back in time and running against the old fuel cars.  Sure would open some eyes
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Crosley"i remember when it was a big deal that fuel cars were regularly in the 6 sec range.  Imagine taking that Nova back in time and running against the old fuel cars.  Sure would open some eyes

Yep, I crewed on a long wheel base BBC FED in '68 out in the Seattle area and it ran right around those numbers. A 12 sec. street car was considered pretty darn quick.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

parklane

Ya, and I always wanted to get a ride in a Willys gettin in the 9s. Thought that would be the thrill of a lifetime. Pphhhtt.
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??