57 chevy theft caught on tape...

Started by wayne petty, December 11, 2010, 09:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7838080

seems there is a rash of 57 to 60 classic chevys being stolen in the san fernando valley...

i bet that pickup truck gets found quick...

perhaps its time for parking brake locks...

steering wheel locks...

perhaps designing a hex shape into the steering shaft... so when parked.. a custom lock could be installed to prevent straightening the wheels..

or the ultimate...    the variations of the denver boot

the last would be the frame machine pulling pots installed in the floor and the cars chained down...

i have a friend in the valley... who had them installed in the curb in front of his house.. to chain his classic mustangs down...

this was after they stole a twisted KR500 replica... it was a notch back with the full fiberglass shelby front end...

phat46

That's pretty bold! I can't imagine a car like that being left accessable to thieves!  I bet the pickup was stolen too.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat46"That's pretty bold! I can't imagine a car like that being left accessable to thieves!  I bet the pickup was stolen too.

Same items passed in my mind too.  

Years back I had a neighbor a few streets over that had their license plates swapped about twice a year.  the thieves would swap the plates, he would not notice and police would stop them.  Police would pull the plates since they were stolen
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

57larry

grazza

And it is going to get a heck of a lot sadder, before it gets any better.

Unfortunately, without people looking for cheap car parts/cars there wouldn't be half as many crooks out there.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

junkyardjeff

Convertibles are hard to secure since the top can be cut to gain entrance so there is no use in locking them,I did not sleep too good when I had my 55 sunliner parked outside a motel in Daytona. I did not lock it as I did not want to drive the 950 miles back home with a torn top and I woke up with every noise from outside.  I hope she gets it back.