Lenco welder

Started by phat46, October 18, 2010, 11:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Does anyone know anything about Lenco welders? I've never heard of them. There is one for sale on the local Craigslist. It is a 150 amp model, 60% duty cycle. I think I can get it for about $200, but I can't find any info online for Lenco welders other than spot welders. The spot welders are fairly pricey so that makes me think they might be a good quality welder.  I need to replace my P.O.S. Century and this might be a good deal.

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Well, I bought the Lenco welder, it was way more welder than i thought I was. Apparently Lenco makes only spot welders now, i don't know why. I made some welds with it before I bought it and it's welds very good. For $220 I couldn't pass on it. I was kinda hoping for a 110 V but this is a 220V but i do have 220 in the shop, just got to add an outlet. I took a couple pics to show just how big this thing is, very heavy too! and a comparison pic of the P.O.S. it is replacing.  :lol:

tom36

I'd say you did very, very well.  Tom...

phat rat

I'll give you $250 right now. When can I pick it up? :lol:

Seriously I think you got a great deal
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

54stude

That welder "looks" similar to a millermatic 35 welder.  

Miller made some welders for Airco, and I wonder if this is also the case with this Lenco?  Does it take a miller gun?  made in Appleton wi?

The miller website has free manual downloads if it ends up being a miller product.

Good luck,
Brian

phat46

There is an address for Lenco from Missouri on the side of the welder. It uses a Tweco gun, which was replaced recently. The guy I bought it from does auto restorations in the winter and he said he could run beads on sheetmetal and had used it for 3/8" stuff too. We'll find out today!