Back from the Zoo

Started by enjenjo, September 12, 2010, 08:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Just got home a few minutes ago. I had a ball even with the rain all day saturday. Most of the usual suspects were there, several of them, including me brought newer cars. There were only a few that I saw that seemed out of place, a 924 Porche, and a 78 Tbird to name a couple. There was a nice 47 Fleetline that made it's debut there, took a couple pictures of it.  It's tubbed but you can't tell because it's so low. * Lahaie debuted a nice Crosley wagon with GM V6 power he built for his wife.

We made a big pot of chilli, it lasted all three days, and I brought a little home. We also did burgers, brots, hot dogs, and smoked sausage, plus  some side dishes. Mrs Ugly brought a couple pans of apple cobbler that was very good.

Unfortunately, for the first time, donations did not cover expenses, to the tune of about $100.

We all had fun, even in the rain, got to meet some new people, and see some new cars, I'll be ready to do it again in a couple days.

I can't neglect to mention the help I got from Hot Rod Purple Pickup, Ohio Blue Tip, and his lady Loraine, and Mr and Mrs Ugly Olds. They made it all possible.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

taxpyer

Glad you had a good time.... Seasons about over for us on this side of the continent and above the 49th. Last show'nshine I attended there were several "out of place cars there. :?  Must be a trend :shock:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

GPster

Any talk/interest on the RRT Racer Project? I would have asked last night on CHAT but I went to bed at 8:30. GPster

UGLY OLDS

QuoteUnfortunately, for the first time, donations did not cover expenses, to the tune of about $100.

Frank...Just say the word & next year I will bring "Guido"..He LOVES to "solicit contributions"..... :shock:  :evil:

QuoteI can't neglect to mention the help I got from Hot Rod Purple Pickup, Ohio Blue Tip, and his lady Loraine, and Mr and Mrs Ugly Olds. They made it all possible.
[/quote]

I too have to thank Frank & all the folks for making it a fun week end ..During the rain on Saturday Ohio Blue Tip had all the "help" he could stand in his nice warm "kitchen"....In fact, he had no room to "stand" in his warm, cozy "kitchen"....... :lol:  :lol:

Thanx again to all.....

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

mopar2dr

I was only there Friday and Sunday, but the mix of cars was pretty good. My wife likes the Mustangs and I'm drawn to the trucks. A lot of the awards went to station wagons but they were darn nice wagons! Only one(1) Marlin was spotted on the fair grounds but it was a stand out!
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

jaybee

I know it isn't as popular as it was when the idea first came up but on the right car I really like the new headlight in an old fender look.  I also like the compact pickup bed with outer fenders grafted on thing.  Either way it has to match the looks of the car in question but when it works it works well.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

slocrow

Thanks for the shots, for me and others who didn't make it. Any others, especially of the camp site are deeply appreciated?
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "slocrow"Thanks for the shots, for me and others who didn't make it. Any others, especially of the camp site are deeply appreciated?

Our camera was finally located in my lovely wife's purse.... :?     Battery dead ... :roll:   ( The camera battery ..Not my lovely wife's... :oops:   )

Bob ....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

How about a shot of a car just for you Frank?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Danimal

Quote from: "enjenjo"How about a shot of a car just for you Frank?

File that under "Just because you can, dosen't mean you should."

n.c.rodder

Did anybody notice what it said in the back window? "Soccer Mom with Attitude" - made me chuckle :lol:
Till we meet - On the street