Chat

Started by enjenjo, August 08, 2010, 09:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I am thinking about starting up the chat again. I need some input. One day, or multiple days? Which day or days? What time?

For those of you who have never participated in one, it can be confusing at first because there may be multiple converstions going on a the same time. I type with one finger and can keep up, speed is not a requirement. We also don't count off for spelling.

Let me know what you want.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pete

Quote from: "enjenjo"I am thinking about starting up the chat again. I need some input. One day, or multiple days? Which day or days? What time?

For those of you who have never participated in one, it can be confusing at first because there may be multiple converstions going on a the same time. I type with one finger and can keep up, speed is not a requirement. We also don't count off for spelling.

Let me know what you want.

I gave up before because there was no one there during the week or evenings...If people show up I will show up, for what that is worth...
I check other chats several times a day.
I like to bench race.

GPster

Well, I liked Sunday evenings at 9:00. But not tonight, I'm listening to Jimmy Buffet. Everybody saying that summer is almost over, maybe we can find time to work on the Crosley (or talk about it). GPster

32coupe

I'm in and yes Sunday night your time is good for me as it's Monday while I'm at work in front of the computer.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

UGLY OLDS

I will do my best for Sunday night also ....All depends on what The Wife has in store for me "Honey-Doo" wise .....

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Pete

It would be neat if guys got in the habit of just stopping by the chat any time of the day or night whenever they have a few minutes to kill.
I go on several other chats and have some great talk at 0300 in the morning with guys that work nights. We catch people at all times of the day. These are not car chats so maybe car guys are not oriented that way.

enjenjo

You can always request a chat any time. So of the best chats we have had were done that way.

rog

so what is the time difference?  i sometimes check in there, have only ever seen 1 person in there though..

enjenjo

Quote from: "rog"so what is the time difference?  i sometimes check in there, have only ever seen 1 person in there though..

this works  http://www.timezonecheck.com/

Board time is US central time.

WZ JUNK

I like the chat feature but I do not always get to sign in.  This retirement is taking up all my time.   Just set a day and time and I will join in when I can.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Board time is US central time.
I thought it was Eastern Standard time. Is that why no one was there? GPster

enjenjo

I didn't know we had pinned it down yet.

32coupe

So when is\was it?

enjenjo

Well, I guess the consensus is 9 pm eastern, sunday, which will be 8 pm sunday, board time.

32coupe

OK now all I have to do is work out what time that will be for me :D