It's not a good deal if it's not the correct one

Started by GPster, August 08, 2010, 02:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

I only worded it that way to see if anyone had the right information. When everyone was talking about the Crosley there was some mention about using Ford Thunderbird aluminum spare tire wheels on the front. I was spending some time cruising the local flea market today and I may have located ONE but the dealer had no idea (lucky for us) what it was off of. This was a 15" wheel with a Firestone temporary spare tire on it. It was a negative off-set wheel but not so much to make you think it was for a FWD vehicle. The rim was one-piece aluminum not an aluminum center fastened to a steel rim and it had a full center without any depressions or holes except the center hole and 5 lug holes. There was no marking on this wheel as to Brand or car Model and the lug holes were over-sized for special centering nuts. The over-size holes made it impossible for me to see with my plastic template if they were 4 1/2" or 4 3/4" OD bolt circle. The lug holes did have a bevel on them though. The only clues I have in mind is the Firestone tire (I didn't think GM ever used Firestone) and I've been told that Ford only used those aluminum spare wheels on the Thunderbirds  that had all aluminum wheels (which would make sense about special lug nuts). The thing is cheap enough but not for scrap aluminum if it's not right. If you can't help me identify it as Ford maybe you can help me identify it as belonging to something else. If it is Ford does it make any sense to buy this one and look for a mate? GPster

kb426

I'd like to help but I've never seen one.  :-o
TEAM SMART

Fat Cat

Below is an image of what the wheel itself looks like from the front side.

GPster

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Below is an image of what the wheel itself looks like from the front side.
I'll memorize the picture and go back and check it out next weekend. It looks close but I can't tell by the picture if those lug holes are beveled. There was no sticker on the front but there was a sticker on the back side but it didn't say anything about brand of car. Maybe we could run the Crosley as a 3 wheeler. GPster

GPster

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Below is an image of what the wheel itself looks like from the front side.
Well, it looked like the picture. Now we own one. That probably depleted the stock of them around here, maybe some one else can find another. GPster