Chev small block intake question

Started by 32coupe, July 31, 2010, 11:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32coupe

Hi Guys
I have a friend who has a 383 late model small block chev, who would like a dual 4 barrel manifold, but all I can find are early model manifolds, can you get an early manifold to fit the later heads?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edelbrock-54251-SB-Chevy-Polished-Dual-Quad-Manifold-/140432522009?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b26e3b19
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Digger

Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

32coupe

Thanks
Now I have to find someone that will ship to Australia at the right price :wink:

Topsterguy

I used the Edelbrock Air Gap on the stroker in my coupe and it came with the special aluminum inserts to fit the new heads, if that's what you're talking about.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

tomslik

what heads?
when you say "late", to me that could mean 87-95 with the center 4 bolt holes at a different angle or do you mean 96-2000 vortecs w/ 8 bolts vertical?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

32coupe

Quote from: "tomslik"what heads?
when you say "late", to me that could mean 87-95 with the center 4 bolt holes at a different angle or do you mean 96-2000 vortecs w/ 8 bolts vertical?

Sorry, yes Vortec heads.

I think he will have to go for the Edelbrock #5426, anyone got a cheap second hand one :wink:

enjenjo

If they are Vortec heads, you can redrill the 4 center holes and make an early manifold fit.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

Quote from: "enjenjo"If they are Vortec heads, you can redrill the 4 center holes and make an early manifold fit.

you'll have to redrill all 12 bolt hole if you wanna put an early intake on vortecs and even then, i don't think the ports are a good match but that's just what i've heard..

#5426 edelbrock is what you need (low rise dual quad)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list