McConnell AFB Wichita Kansas Drags 59 or 60 Pics

Started by Carnut, August 01, 2010, 11:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Here's some nostalgia pics of McConnell AFB Wichita Kansas Drags 59 or 60.

Rather interesting to see some Boeing B-47's in the background and some other recognizable buildings of both McConnell facility as well as the former Wichita Airport.

enjenjo

I like the twin engine car with a Hemi, and a SBC.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Uncle Bob

I wonder where that black Devin with the six twos is now.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

chimp koose

Thanks for sharing. I get a kick out of the sophisticated tow rigs of the day.I can remember 20 years ago towing a 10 sec mustang about 10 miles each way on race days with about 15' of nylon rope. I was the idiot in the mustang. Now we tow out in a 48' enclosed trailer,race car, JR dragster, golf cart and trailer only toolbox. We are getting spoiled.

kb426

TEAM SMART

Bruce Dorsi

Thanks, George!

Along with seeing the race vehicles, I enjoyed seeing the support vehicles, clothing styles and hair styles.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Learpilot

GREAT PHOTOS!!!

I would love to see the time slips and Keep your hands off the trophys !
I raced a Flathead Dragster, brings back a lot of great memories.
I wonder how fast the aircraft engine dragster is ?
Rick

Carnut

Some of the notables that ran that day were Bob Sullivan, Earl Beard, Gary LeFever, Jerry Livingston, Lou Kangaloose, Rod Stucky and Tom Hanna.

Not sure how many locals or big names those are.

My friend Carl Fry was there that day and said he was almost run over by Chris Karamasines silently coasting back from a run.

And as typical in Kansas on a wide expanse of concrete under a glaring sun, it was searing heat there.

Notice the guys hiding under the trophy truck bed.

Kerry

Awesome pics George!!!   Thanks SO much for sharing!

Kerry

Quote from: "Carnut"Some of the notables that ran that day were Bob Sullivan, Earl Beard, Gary LeFever, Jerry Livingston, Lou Kangaloose, Rod Stucky and Tom Hanna.

Not sure how many locals or big names those are.

My friend Carl Fry was there that day and said he was almost run over by Chris Karamasines silently coasting back from a run.

And as typical in Kansas on a wide expanse of concrete under a glaring sun, it was searing heat there.

Notice the guys hiding under the trophy truck bed.