I Have An Itch.....

Started by 40, July 15, 2010, 11:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

To add another 67 Coupe D'Ville to the collection of junk in the shop.I'm looking for a 2dr.....preferably a nice,low mile driver.I have owned several really nice examples over the years and wish I would have hung onto one of them.I drove to Green Bay last week to look at a low mile,one owner car......It was super nice but had been undercoated in 68 with a product called tuff-kote.Due to that fact.....it was rust-free but they had filled the doors,inside the hood and totally covered the inner fenders and firewall as well as the usual underside areas.The stuff was like a stiff tar about an inch thick,harder than a rock and smelled awful.I passed on the car as I just couldn't get by the mess.Anyway......If anyone comes across an old Cad.....Please let me know.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

jaybee

I don't know where there's one right now, but those are among the cars that have sure stood the test of time in terms of their styling.  Effortless torque out of those big Cad engines, too.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

GPster

I don't know if there's a big difference or not but how about a '68? Our local bargain shopper has a DeVille convertible listed. There's enough description to try to justify the $9,900.00 asking price but it's too much for me to try and relay here. It's 1-304-991-7389. It's somewhere in West Virginia but I don't recognize the number so it's probably a cell phone. It's been listed for a while but he's probably not too anxious. Didn't the guy in Florida with the '58 Chevy post a picture of one a while back that was a proposed "Wife Pleaser"? Maybe it's a deal. GPster

Carps

I'd be thinkin' there be a few 'customers' (usually named 'john') of fellers who owned one of those Caddies might also have an 'itch' or even worse.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

jaybee

Quote from: "Carps"I'd be thinkin' there be a few 'customers' (usually named 'john') of fellers who owned one of those Caddies might also have an 'itch' or even worse.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's cold.  Daryl would be quite a sight in a big floppy hat and a long fur coat, though.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Carnut

Hey, hey, not much help on locating one, but this thread brought back memories of my Caddy.

Here's my 70 Coupe De Ville, It really was a wondeful car to own. I added the later electronic ignition dist to the 472 in V8. Two of the really cool features I liked on the car was the automatically closing trunk lid and the automatic climate control.

I'm not real sure I why I gave up the car. It's one of those that 'got away' for me. The darn thing was built for only single exhaust, I remember buying a couple of trans mount cross members that I was gonna work together to create 'two humps' so I could put dual exhaust on the thing, but never got it done, think I still have the trans mounts out in the shed.

This was back when I was an 'executive' type and thought I needed an executive car. heh, heh, even then I couldn't keep it quite stock.

Quote from: "GPster"I don't know if there's a big difference or not but how about a '68? Our local bargain shopper has a DeVille convertible listed. There's enough description to try to justify the $9,900.00 asking price but it's too much for me to try and relay here. It's 1-304-991-7389. It's somewhere in West Virginia but I don't recognize the number so it's probably a cell phone. It's been listed for a while but he's probably not too anxious. Didn't the guy in Florida with the '58 Chevy post a picture of one a while back that was a proposed "Wife Pleaser"? Maybe it's a deal. GPster

Thanks for the info Joe.....The 67 and 68 are pretty close.....the front trim and the dash are a bit different.Not really in the market for a rag-top....not much hair left....but the price sure sounds right....I might investigate.

Quote from: "jaybee"
Quote from: "Carps"I'd be thinkin' there be a few 'customers' (usually named 'john') of fellers who owned one of those Caddies might also have an 'itch' or even worse.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's cold.  Daryl would be quite a sight in a big floppy hat and a long fur coat, though.

There's probably a lot of truth to that statement! Too hot for a fur coat but I have started wearing a big floppy hat.....Trying to keep from sun burning that top part of my head that has begun to resemble a monkeys butt! I'll keep looking.....one will turn up sooner or later.

Quote from: CarnutHey, hey, not much help on locating one, but this thread brought back memories of my Caddy.

Here's my 70 Coupe De Ville, It really was a wondeful car to own. I added the later electronic ignition dist to the 472 in V8. Two of the really cool features I liked on the car was the automatically closing trunk lid and the automatic climate control.

I'm not real sure I why I gave up the car. It's one of those that 'got away' for me. The darn thing was built for only single exhaust, I remember buying a couple of trans mount cross members that I was gonna work together to create 'two humps' so I could put dual exhaust on the thing, but never got it done, think I still have the trans mounts out in the shed.

This was back when I was an 'executive' type and thought I needed an executive car. heh, heh, even then I couldn't keep it quite stock.

I like 70's also.......There was a triple black coupe for sale a short time back but the owner was extremely proud of it......$30K proud.I made him a reasonable offer.....He still has the car  :-o