Looking for late model Mustang paint ideas

Started by Beck, July 14, 2010, 08:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

I just purchased a 2005 black Mustang 6 cyl car for my youngest daughters first car. I have been a pretty die hard Chevy guy but she has always liked the Mustangs. I have to admit I like their body style better than the compeititions new offerings.
The car is a simple black with white lower side stripes. I need to repaint a door since someone punched it right under the door handle trying to break in. The hood has quite a few rock chips so it will probably be repainted also.
I am looking for stripe (or another) ideas. Our thoughts currently are to remove the white side stripes, then add what I call the Shelby style dual stripes. We are thinking bright orange stripes with white pinstripes to make them stand out. I have seen only one photo of a similar color combination in Goodguys magazine. My daughter especially likes that color combo since black and oragne are her school colors. Friends that I have asked about this color combo don't think it is so great. One suggested it would be a Halloween car.
We have looked at the other common stripe colors on black, white and silver. We are looking for something that stands out a little more. My pinstriper friend suggested lime green. I think I'll pass on that, but I do appreciate his input.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

tom36

I always liked the 66 Shelby  Gt350 black with gold stripes combo.  Tom...

bowtietillidie

Before I gave up on the orange strip  schame .   I would find a friend that had the program photo shop .  Take some picks of your car . Tell your friend or show him what you want using the pictures  to help him understand .  Don't worry about the appearance of your car,  as your friend can take out any dents and such.   If he is good when he gets done you will have an exact picture of your car after the paint work has been done .   Never let any one rain on your parade.    I think true street rod and custom are suppose to show one's personal taste .  That is what fixing up cars is all about.   :D
BOWTIETILLIDIE

enjenjo

I like the black and orange idea, of course I have a Pink car. How about black with Shelby stripes in grabber Blue?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bruce Dorsi

"My daughter especially likes that color combo since black and oragne are her school colors. "

I don't know enough about your area to pass judgement, but would those school colors make her car a target for rival school vandalism?

In some areas, that is an open invitation to attack!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Beck

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi""My daughter especially likes that color combo since black and oragne are her school colors. "

I don't know enough about your area to pass judgement, but would those school colors make her car a target for rival school vandalism?

In some areas, that is an open invitation to attack!

That is not a concern here. Thanks for the thought though.

truck

Orange and black is my choice, maybe because my roadster will be orange with black stripe and my towtrucks are bright orange too.

kb426

I'm a black and gold fan but I think I may be old and boring. if you google the Hertz gt version, you'll get to see that possibility.
TEAM SMART

Fat Cat

I am not a huge fan of black and orange but it does not look too bad in my opinion.

UGLY OLDS

After seeing it .^^^^^  It looks lots better than I was thinking ..... 8)  I like it   8)

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Beck

Quote from: "Fat Cat"I am not a huge fan of black and orange but it does not look too bad in my opinion.

Those stripes look pretty red to me. I think the orange stands out a little more. I am hoping the white pin stripes would even make it more pronounced.

Beck

Quote from: "Beck"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"I am not a huge fan of black and orange but it does not look too bad in my opinion.

Those stripes look pretty red to me. I think the orange stands out a little more. I am hoping the white pin stripes would even make it more pronounced.

Those stripes are the exact type I am planning to use. Dual down the top surfaces and small ones on the lower side.

Mikej

I would leave off the strips on the bumper and air dam. Just the hood  up front. Just me.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Beck"

They do look red in that shot but there was also a side shot that showed they really are orange. I think in that shot it had more to do with how the camera developed the shot than that they were red.

I think it would look fine on the 88 body style. That body style is my favorite of the later model Mustangs.