What cause one cylinder to run very lean?

Started by rogeroadster, June 22, 2010, 11:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exsedan

Quote from: "Hooley"I been wondering too.

I sent him an e-mail....maybe it will get his attention..........jb exsedan

rogeroadster

Quote from: "exsedan"
Quote from: "Hooley"I been wondering too.

I sent him an e-mail....maybe it will get his attention..........jb exsedan

Well, I checked back last week and there didn't seem to be any activity on this post so I thought I'd just skate but I see that isn't going to happen.  Basically I have no answer because after the roadster show I parked the car and haven't driven it until today.
I'm really just guessing that one cylinder burns lean because of the bright blue color of only that one chromed primary tube.  Everyone had good ideas but I'm just too lazy to do anything about it right now.  I think I'll just treat it like an airplane and fly it until it fails and then look for a place to land.  So, 6 months from now I'll be on here crying about a dropped valve in only one cylinder.

BTW, this adds fuel to the fire that there is a lot more happening on this site than the casual observer might discern.  Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Went to the Long Beach Model T swap meet today.  It sure isn't what it was years ago.  I guess we are just running out of model T parts to trade.

exsedan

I remember when the Model T swapmeet was in an old school football field just off of Hwy 101 down in Long Beach. It shortly thereafter went to (I think) Long Beach State College parking lot.............jb