Door solenoids

Started by DRD57, July 15, 2010, 08:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

Anyone familiar with the Clarion/Ungo K20 remote system?

Can it be used to only operate the 40 lb. door actuators with no other functions hooked up?

I wired the red wire to constant hot +, the black to ground -, the black/blue to the left door actuator, and the blue to the right door actuator. All other wires are not connected to anything.

The remote key fob device sends a signal to the receiver but the receiver does not send output to the blue or black/blue wires.

Do other wires have to be hooked up for the receiver to function properly?

enjenjo

You are going to have to go through the learn routine to make it work. This requires the Valet switch to be connected, at least temporarily. It also requires a switched power at terminal 15. Follow the instructions on page 9 to teach the system the routine you want.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

DRD57

OK, so I have to hook up the yellow wire to the ignition switch and hook up the valet switch to do the learn routine, right?

I don't understand how or what to do in the learn routine to train it to open the doors.

Pressing the unlock button on the remote is supposed to activate #8, the blue/black wire and pressing it again within 15 seconds is supposed to activate # 2, the blue wire.

I was under the impression that the learn routine was to turn on/off the eight system features like ignition controlled door lock.

enjenjo

The way I read it, you have to connect those pins at least once to enable the system, turn it on as it were.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.