64 or 68 caddy? What say U?

Started by msuguydon, May 23, 2010, 12:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

So..... the Tuna boat is not quite big enough for the wife.. as you all know.. size matters  :oops:  

She is lobbying for a Caddy convertible.. after all we live in Florida where there is two kinds of people, newlyweds and nearly deads...

So... I am liking the 64.. she is kinda leaning to the 68.. basically they are the same price... what are you thoughts...

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

UGLY OLDS

I vote for the '64....AFTER he changes those wheels   :!:    Oh...Don't forget to measure your "docking space" ...  :idea:      Those things are bigger than your current "boat" ....   :shock:

Bob............ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Rrumbler

Man, you don't want us to get in the middle of that, do ya'?  They both look pretty swanky, and for my own taste, either one would suit me just fine - based on looks.  But, if it is going to be her ride, why not just let her pick?  If she doesn't like it, it will be your fault anyways.  :wink:  :lol:
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

msuguydon

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I vote for the '64....AFTER he changes those wheels   :!:    Oh...Don't forget to measure your "docking space" ...  :idea:      Those things are bigger than your current "boat" ....   :shock:

Bob............ :wink:

Those wheels are .. well... yeah.. need to be changed... docking space ... good idea on the measure.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: msuguydon
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I vote for the '64....AFTER he changes those wheels   :!:    Oh...Don't forget to measure your "docking space" ...  :idea:      Those things are bigger than your current "boat" ....   :shock:

Quotedocking space ... good idea on the measure.

Gee...What a neat way to save some $$$$$.... :)  ( Sorry Honey ..it just wont fit.. :cry:  )
  Or ....Get a bigger garage   :idea:    :!:  :!:    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob....... :wink:

39deluxe

They are both nice. I prefer the'64 but like was said above, if it's going to be her car let her decide. That's experience talking.

Tom

tomslik

both need a wheel/tire change as far as i'm concerned....
and an anchor :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

chimp koose

get the red one, the convertible with the polished wheels.

Uncle Bob

Having owned 1/2 of a '64 Eldo Convert I'm partial to the '64, plus it looks like the stance is a little better than the '68.  But as wisely said above: If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy......
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

57larry

enjenjo

I like the 68 myself, but make her happy.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

msuguydon

Quote from: "57larry"are you keeping the 58?

Right now I am not doing anything.

I want something new, different... the 58 is paid for so I am no big hurry to sell it.. plus it makes me smile when I drive.. sorta my first love..  :D

Plus who the hell wants a 4 door, 58 chevy other than me?

I having been longing for a 61 bubble top.. but man are they expensive...
the wife wants a convertible.. she wants.. 69 catalina / lemans /bonneville.

Hey I am open to suggestions.. got something you want to sell to a dope in florida.. I am your man

UGLY OLDS

Careful how you say " Dope in Florida" ..... :!:  Some may be looking... :shock:      ( Besides ....Vance said that Ravin had that moniker "locked up" ... :P )

Bob.............. :wink:

UGLY OLDS

Careful how you say " Dope in Florida" ..... :!:  Some may be looking... :shock:      ( Besides ....Vance said that Ravin had that moniker "locked up" ... :P )

Bob.............. :wink: