TH350 question

Started by DRD57, May 12, 2010, 09:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

i took my new roadster for a shakedown spin today. Everything worked OK except for the transmission. The trans is a TH350 that was supposedly rebuilt before the truck it was in sustained some minor damage when the shop it was in burned down.

I can shift the trans up through the gears manually OK but, If I just put it in "D" drive it won't upshift at all. I don't have the kick down cable hooked up yet. Could this be the problem or is it likely something else?

Thanks,

Don

Charlie Chops 1940

It needs a full time vac, hose to the modulator to shift, don't believe it needs the kick down cable. I could be wrong though.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

river1

NEW ROADSTER???

any pics?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Okiedokie

Believe Charlie may be right. Did that myself once before I realized I had never ran vacuum to it.

57larry

it doesn't need the kick down cable hooked up, but make sure the cable is shoved in the tranny

rumrumm

You can totally remove the kick-down cable from a TH350, and as long as the vacuum hose it hooked up, it will shift fine. I did that with my first street rod because I was running a tunnel ram intake and did not want to mess with the hookup. The engine was so powerful that I did not need a passing gear.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

papastoyss

If you do have the vaccum hooked to the modulator & it doesn't shift, pull the governor & check to see if it is stuck or the gear is stripped. If not, seek professional help.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

DRD57

In my best Homer Simpson voice "Doh!"

No vacuum hose on the modulator, I knew that.

Thanks guys.

Pictures on the way.