Air Jack

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, April 22, 2010, 03:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Anyone here have any experience with this air jack??
http://www.shop.airjackusa.com/main.sc
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Rochie

Nope, I can't help you Sweetie!!!

32coupe

Hi Denise
We use them here in Oz for 4wding in the outback, they are good, but you have to place them under the vehicle where there are no sharp edges or brackets.

Cheers
Andrew
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

57larry

why do you want to use one girl?

wayne petty

is your car that low....  that you think you may need one  of those to lift it...  its liable to bend things on the underside..

the air bag jacks do come in handy for some uses..  i just don't know how they are going to do for your car..

currently the little blue HF floor jacks have 59.99 buck coupons in some of the car magazines...  i get HR and CC. have seen them in other mags also... they are really light weight... work great ... even lift one corner at a time on my heavy ford van...
i have used it for 3 years now.. and have been happy with it.. use it almost every day..

a few things i would change..    the roller at the nose needs to be taken apart and lubed...  if i had access to a lathe.. i would bore the ends and put in several sealed ball bearings on each end...  i used teflon trailer hitch grease and it works better.. i would and have planned to reduce the size of the piston push roller that is mounted on the pump handle.. it keeps the handle up just a little too much for my liking..  makes it hard to jack it up when its way up under a low car...

i also plan on relocation of the jack handle retaining screw..  to the side ... again.. when time permits..

i had the rubber pad in the middle of the saddle come up and get stretched.. but i almost abuse this jack..   i should have glued it down.

i have also had the various screws come loose.. but i carry it around in the back of the van..  so thats expected..

the positives... they are really light.. easy to store,  the handle breaks down with mods even easier.. the hole to push the retainer in is too steep..  

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91039

this is the taller version... but not on the coupon...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=40105

this is the low profile version and no coupon for this either.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=92782

my last floor jack lasted 28 years.. (sears 1.5T)  1980 to 2008... i had worn the wheels down to the centers and had to drag it around.  and every time i had to pick it up.. it would hurt my back..   it outlasted the 4 hein warner professional garage jacks i have in storage..

i am planning on using one of the many coupons to buy a backup..

i can think of a lot of uses for that bag type of jack...  including rescue work...  bumping out dented quarter panels..   plywood rounds or round table tops blanks to protect the top of the bag from the bottom of the car..

for a in the car jack.. the small one..   for in the shop.. if your cars are as low as i remember.. the low one..

just my 2 cents...

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thanks for th info guys.  I was just wondering if the thing really worked using exhaust gas.  Big Olds is low.  I currently carry a full size craftsman floor jack in my trunk.  It does take up alot of room and it barely fits under Big Olds' frame now, not sure if I had a flat if it would fit underneath.  I really don't think it will.  I know I've used the jack for many things on road trips, especially for others but so far have never had to change a flat tire.  I was just looking at options.  Thanks again for the info and links.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

Denise - some of the later GM cars had a pretty nice scissors jack that would get you up enough to be able to use the floor jack. Just a thought.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Okiedokie

I have an electric scissor jack that I carry in my hot rods. I have used it on several street rods and it works well. Do a search, I bought mine at HF I believe, but I have seen them on Ebay. Joe

kb426

There's no specs on the website. It would be nice to know how high it will raise. It's an interesting concept. Wish we could find an owner review.
TEAM SMART