speedo question/help

Started by reborn55, March 21, 2010, 06:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

Guys--I am in need of a VDO mechanical Cockpit Royale speedometer(think it is 3 3/8--anyone tell me how to measure it.)  can't find one anywhere that I have looked.  Do any of you have any idea where I can buy one.    If I am forced to but the electronic one--do they come with sender or is that an added expense also.  Going to try to take mine apart and see if I can free it up.  Any good rebuilders out there.  Thanks

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "reborn55"Guys--I am in need of a VDO mechanical Cockpit Royale speedometer(think it is 3 3/8--anyone tell me how to measure it.)  can't find one anywhere that I have looked.  Do any of you have any idea where I can buy one.    If I am forced to but the electronic one--do they come with sender or is that an added expense also.  Going to try to take mine apart and see if I can free it up.  Any good rebuilders out there.  Thanks

Do you have a picture?  I have a VDO speedo that I removed from my truck when I replaced the gauges.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

I will try to find mine today.  I think it has a black face and white letters.  Now I just have to remember what I did with it.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

enjenjo

I have sent guages back to VDO for repair, and outside of shipping there has been no charge. Never did it with a speedo though.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

reborn55

Do you have a contact or link for VDO--every site I go to is meant for a rocket scientist

phat rat

Here's the ph number for tech 1-800-265-1818
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

WZ JUNK

I can not find the set I had.  I must have given them to someone.  I am sure that mine was the black face ones. Sorry.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

reborn55

no problem--appreciate the effort.  Black would have worked just change the face.  Have a great day.  Thanks

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

reborn55

They do not make that particular speedometer any more only mechanical one they make does not have the tripminder in it. Repairing the one I have would be greater than the cost of a new one like mine.  Hooked me up with a company that had mechanicals to sell seperately.  So I have one comiong without tripminder for now.  Will keep looking for a used one.  thanks for the help---great people at VDO