Looking for hubs

Started by jaybee, March 13, 2010, 03:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

I'm looking for a set of early roller bearing, drum brake front hubs for a B body Chevy.  I'm a bit unsure of applicable years, 58 or 61-67 maybe?  Anyone have a pair of those you'd like to unload?  I want drum brake hubs in order to slip a set of C4 or C5 Corvette 12" rotors on.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

wayne petty

just curious... i was under a Y2K crown vic the other day.. noticed the front hubs are on conventional spindles.. but are sealed units

look like this

http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/tim/513202/image/8/

these are 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern...

i was thinking that with some machined spindle bearing spacers it might be possible to install these on older spindles..  so late model slip off rotors could be installed....

just a thought...

i have not gotten one off to measure it.. but the next trip to the junk yard.. my dial caliper is going with me...

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "wayne petty"just curious... i was under a Y2K crown vic the other day.. noticed the front hubs are on conventional spindles.. but are sealed units

look like this

Quotehttp://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/tim/513202/image/8/

these are 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern...

i was thinking that with some machined spindle bearing spacers it might be possible to install these on older spindles..  so late model slip off rotors could be installed....

just a thought...

i have not gotten one off to measure it.. but the next trip to the junk yard.. my dial caliper is going with me...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... :?  
Gear  Drive  :lol:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "jaybee"I'm looking for a set of early roller bearing, drum brake front hubs for a B body Chevy.  I'm a bit unsure of applicable years, 58 or 61-67 maybe?  Anyone have a pair of those you'd like to unload?  I want drum brake hubs in order to slip a set of C4 or C5 Corvette 12" rotors on.

I believe you want 61 to 68 hubs.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

There you go, 61-68.  Another alternative that works is the A body hubs through 74.  Those have the wheel mounting face positioned about 3/8" farther out, however, and require a different back spacing to get the widest tire underneath.  Not a real problem when it comes right down to it, especially since I don't know what my caliper bracket will need to look like.  

Interesting on the Crown Vic hubs, those are pretty neat.  I do like the way that's gone from an item that once required frequent maintenance to one that very few people actually wear out.  If dirt stays out and grease stays in it makes a big difference...
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)