WANTED: Holley 600 CFM 4-Barrel For 65-66 Mustang Automatic

Started by crdnblu, March 03, 2010, 11:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crdnblu

I realize that this may be posted in the wrong Forum, but there were NO Wanted, or For Sale listings in the Want Ads section, so I wasn't sure if it was active any longer.

A friend of mine is in need of a Holley 600 CFM 4-barrel carburetor w/ electric choke, & auto kickdown linkage for a 65/66 Mustang 289 engine w/ C4 transmission.  He's planning to sell the engine locally, so a used carburetor is preferred.  An Autolite 4100 is an acceptable alternative.  

Please PM me regarding what you might have, including condition, & price, plus estimated shipping cost to Boise, ID, ZIP 83706.  Any, & all responses will be appreciated.

wayne petty

there is one thing...  there is no CARB mounted kick down linkage for a 65,66, 67 mustang... with a C4...  at least from the factory...

the kick down linkage is from a rod sticking straight down from the gas pedal to a cable to a lever on the transmission...

i will try to find a link...

here is the link for 67- 68

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/27/a4/b7/large/0900c1528027a4b7.gif

here is what he will need to hook it up like a 69 to 73

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/27/a4/b8/large/0900c1528027a4b8.gif

but i don't think there is room on that car to do it..  with the later style rod.. .. the firewall is too close..

there may be  something like an after market cable kit..... but i am not sure..

he might... if he wants.. find an 83  85 5.0 HO carb...   it is a holley model 4180..  i find they work well at least on my 460 ... as they came with them also..

used 4100 autolites  for anything close to that app are worth their weight in gold...    any used carbs would also need a complete rebuild.. at least with that model..   i just picked up a pair of used 4100 carbs.. but i think they are long nose versions.. and as i recall not even close for that app...

crdnblu

Wayne......Thanks for your input.  I mis-spoke; instead of referring to the auto kick-down linkage, which I know operates as you've stated, I should have asked for a Holley w/ the "small-hole" throttle lever to accommodate an early Mustang throttle rod.

We're looking for a carburetor to accept this linkage as pictured: