I hate this computer....

Started by Beck, July 23, 2010, 10:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

I just took 1/2 hr to type up a new post... When I tried to post it it didn't go.. Got an error message... Hate my server too... I give up... I'll never get it right again... I can't spell.... "Hafta" double check everything.... I hate computers... When I told the pc to go'back' there was an empty Post a new topic page.. Ciber space got it..
Rant.. Rant... Rant...The telephone is so much easier... I can't text either....

Beck

Sure the rant post worked... Not the one I wanted... Rant... Rant...

enjenjo

I have the same problem. So if it's a long post, I write it in notepad, and copy it to the board. that way if it eats it, I still have the original.

I have noticed more problems the last few days, but not just on this site. I think there may be some issues on the internet.

I can't text either :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

slow computer problems...

this is wayne approved... for both mac and PC computers..

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

then select the delete all sites button .. then confirm..

it is a hidden cashe... that does not always get emptied.. it is filled with Flash ads... that are all screaming for processor time...

you may also want to open this link and turn off automatic updates..

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager05.html

turning off the automatic check for updates prevents the flash player from looking for updates every time it passes a new flash player object..

it also prevents the flash player from downloading a nasty virus.. my wifes mac has one... i am going to have to reformat her hard drive to dump it..

it made her laptop PC usable again..

there are also files down in the flash player folders... that store some of the nasty ad files...  if you have a mac i can tell you how to delete those also...

wayne petty

just curious...  how many of you have tried the links i posted...

they really do work...

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Beck

Quote from: "wayne petty"just curious...  how many of you have tried the links i posted...

they really do work...

I went to both. I used the 1st but not the 2nd.

jaybee

Not just on this site but on a lot of them if I'm posting something short I'll just hit post.  If it's something long I'll often highlight, right click, and copy.  That way if it doesn't work I can fix it quickly and easily.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "wayne petty"just curious...  how many of you have tried the links i posted...

they really do work...

Thanks for the links, Wayne!

I tried them both.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

58 Yeoman

I went to the first, then used the tabs at the top to go through the rest.  Thanks Wayne.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Carnut

If you are running Firefox and are having problems with flashes' getting in the way, I would recommend the Flashblock addon.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433/

I wouldn't surf the net without it.

Wayne I did like the first link for checking the Flash cache.

Surprising how many places put things there just like places put cookies on folks computers.

Crosley.In.AZ

This PC was built in 2001..  a 1.2  mhz  processor.  It struggles with some of the modern bloated software.

I doubled the RAM in it 3 yrs ago.  That helped a great deal with operation.

I am currently looking at Mac Mini for next unit.  I've used Mac computers  before
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Uncle Bob

they really do work...

Thanks Wayne, that was right handy.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.