more NHRA Phoenix trouble

Started by Glen, February 27, 2010, 08:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

Rumor is they realized they were using the wrong VHT product?  Now they have cancelled all racing this weekend

The completion of Lucas Oil Sportsman racing from the rain-delayed NHRA Arizona Nationals as well as the tracl's Division 7 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series at Firebird Int'l Raceway have been canceled. Both will be rescheduled.

An announcement will be made next week concerning new date or dates and venue or venues for completion of the activities.

The  NHRA Arizona Nationals initially was postponed last weekend due a mixture of rain, tricky track conditions, and other factors. Only Top Fuel and Funny Car racing were completed at the event, the second of the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, and those had to be completed on Monday.

Pro Stock only was able to complete one round of eliminations on the scheduled weekend. The remaining three rounds will be conducted during qualifying at upcoming Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals, March 11 in Gainesville, Fla. NHRA officials had hoped to complete the Sportsman portion of the national event Friday, but continuing problems prevented that.. A day later, offiicials scrubbed all of the weekend's activities.

enjenjo

So was it too much traction, or not enough?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I've not talked to any guys on the race team to hear what happened there...

plenty of rain here today ( sunday) ... 10-30  last night it was clear, the moon was really bright.  Wake up to rain
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Quote from: "enjenjo"So was it too much traction, or not enough?

I dont know...it was posted on NHRA's website and later the vht portion was removed.....I dont think this decision had anything to do with the loose wheel...thats why I created a new post.

I heard there were chunks of concrete coming out of the racing surface, add in the forecast for rain and it seems they decided to shut it down.  It was the Division 7 guys that were scheduled to race this weekend and the pro stock guys were trying to finish from their event last weekend.

unklian

Two Pro Stocks crashed, others were having real handling problems.
Saw somewhere, that eight cars loaded up early, basically forcing
NHRA to complete their rounds at the next event.