700r4 vin derivative number

Started by 53stvblt, February 16, 2010, 06:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

53stvblt

I'm trying to I.D. the year of manufacture on my 700r4.  The only number I can find is the 9 digit vin derivative # which is stamped vertically into the drivers side just above the pan. The # is 128372550.
Can anyone extract the year with this #?

Thank you, Bud

Crosley.In.AZ

look  at the right rear side of trans pan rail.. just above the pan is a flat spot ......should be numbers stamped there.  first digit is an indication of year

also on right side  of trans near round servo cover..  Is there threaded plugs into pressure ports at that locations?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

53stvblt

Quote from: "Crosley"look  at the right rear side of trans pan rail.. just above the pan is a flat spot ......should be numbers stamped there.  first digit is an indication of year

also on right side  of trans near round servo cover..  Is there threaded plugs into pressure ports at that locations?

Hi Tony,
My "sweetheart" is at my buddies place (nice big warm garage) & is about 70 miles east of here but Im going over tomorrow to finish the rear end install so I will check both of these things & get back to you tomorrow
nite.
Thanks for the suggestions Tony,  Bud

53stvblt

Quote from: 53stvblt
Quote from: "Crosley"look  at the right rear side of trans pan rail.. just above the pan is a flat spot ......should be numbers stamped there.  first digit is an indication of year

Hi Tony,
#7TUM0840 makes it a "87" correct?
Yes there are threaded plugs into the pressure ports.

Thanks Tony!
Bud