Trim fastening

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2009, 07:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I vote for drill and tap the piece and screw/loctite some studs in....what Charlie and ragdol said. 8)
George

Digger

How about some nuts smaller than the brass soldered on the back and drill holes the size of the nut in the dash? Add a spacer, washer and machine screw. Or you could tap small tubing and solder it on.

Just my 2c
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

enjenjo

This project is on the back burner right now. My chrome guy says he can handle silver solder no problem. And Nick I've found a local source for the tape. I think I am going to use a combination of fastening methods, studs at the ends, tape in the middle. Thanks for the ideas, I'll let you know when I do it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "enjenjo"This project is on the back burner right now. My chrome guy says he can handle silver solder no problem. And Nick I've found a local source for the tape. I think I am going to use a combination of fastening methods, studs at the ends, tape in the middle. Thanks for the ideas, I'll let you know when I do it.

Ok, if something happens and you can't get the tape let me know. We have them in stock and they are $6 a roll.

zzebby

Hey Frank,  we will be doing that silver solder job again at work within the next month. Is the trim small enough to ship to me and we can solder them for you?  I think I can find some brass screws.
Do you want #8 or #10 studs?

enjenjo

Quote from: "zzebby"Hey Frank,  we will be doing that silver solder job again at work within the next month. Is the trim small enough to ship to me and we can solder them for you?  I think I can find some brass screws.
Do you want #8 or #10 studs?

Let me see if I can get it ready.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.