Automotive swap meets and T-shirt idea

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 20, 2010, 04:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

For a few years I did not attend any swap meets like in the past.  I grew tired of comments from sellers.

Instead of bartering or  bargaining to reach an agreeable price I often heard : " I can sell it for more on eBay" , after I made an offer  on an item.

I think maybe get a shirt printed with the phrase : "  I do not care what you can sell it on ebay for.  I am in FRONT of you now"

The phrase is too long and folks would not read it anyway.

I heard the eBay  comment at a swap  meet  out in Glendale this morning
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

brucer

you have cash..
your in front of him..
he can take the time to take pictures, and write up listings for ebay sells
he doesnt have to take the time to box it up, go to ups or post office and ship it...
he can pay more ebay seller fees...
he can pack the crap back up and haul it home...
he can haul it to the next show..

what the hell is he doing there if he can sell it on ebay from home?

just before you walk away,tell him to go home and sell it on ebay..

GPster

How about             I have cash Ebay or this way                          GPster

enjenjo

How about "EBay or My Way"

I have told many vendors to take it to Ebay the last few years.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

Quote from: "Crosley"
" I can sell it for more on eBay"

Does this look like Ebay ?

:wink:   :roll:

Crosley.In.AZ

it has been pointed out to  me that some items do sell for more on eBay  or better said the stuff sell at all.

I've sold many Crosley items on eBay  primarily for a larger amount of people viewing   since many folks do not know what a Crosley automobile is or was ever built.

I guess My larger question is why haul the stuff to a swap meet with the attitude to   sell it on ebay.

At swap meets when I am a seller  ....  I have given stuff away that appeared it would not sell. When I take stuff to  a swap meet I want it gone.

I have swapped long enough I can pick out a parts "lady of the evening" in the crowd.  They want the stuff for nothing and walk back to their space to re-sell the part at the same swap meet. I at least take the stuff home to re-sell at a different swap meet
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I quit going to swap meets for about the same reason. I got tired of being looked at like a fool when questioning the price. I thought saying no thank you was fairly easy. Maybe I don't understand.
TEAM SMART

zzford

It seems to me that the world has experienced a popluation explosion... of a** holes.

Land Yacht

This ain't Ebay. Cash in hand VS. Ebay in hand. You decide.
1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

OldSub

Quote from: "Crosley"The phrase is too long and folks would not read it anyway.
"Good luck with that."

Most the time I'd rather give something away than mess with eBay!

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Danimal

I've bought stuff on eBay from some of the same swappers for LESS than what I offered them at the swap. Some of the guys have no clue and don't mark the "reserve" box when they see how much more the fees are.

I'm with Old Sub: "Good luck with that."