Jefferson City, Missouri this time

Started by GPster, November 28, 2004, 01:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

I quess I need for someone to sit me down and tell me the facts of "Real Life". When the first chevy truck door wasn't going anywhere I looked further down the Ebay 1950 Chevrolet truck page and there was a pair in Missouri. This guy had a pair and was willing to ship. He suggested Greyhound so I sent the enquiery and ask him if he knew how much. The doors I have would make my patch panels and I like the full glass with-out vent windows anyway ( it's cold and windy today so I'm re-considering the choice that door glass wasn't necessary). I don't feel right about asking the guy to shop prices on shipping, especially on a weekend. Anyone got any ideas on shipping from Missouri to Ohio? I'm not a cheapskate but I am frugal. I have trouble thinking about spending $120.00 to ship $100.00s worth of doors ( if there is no more action on the bidding than there is now). You've got about 8 hours to help me make up my mind. GPster

awsum34

Get ahold of Lance (couper) he lives in Springfield. He might know more about shipping than anybody. of you could do it online. with UPS.
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

rooster

Use the shipping in ebay, estmate weight and size, ship separtly! I dont think a door is over 125 pounds. My guess 35 each UPS

47wood

I've shipped fat fenders before on Greyhound ...cost about $55 for 2 fenders packed together for 600 miles.  I believe they go by size and weight.  Your local Greyhound freight office should be able to give you a good guess.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Sean

Thats only about 25 miles south from me. If you have any trouble with him I'll go thump his head for you.

Unless he's bigger than me, then you're on your own... :wink:

GPster

I think I bought them. He came on line last night and told me he wasn't aware he had 2 bidders but when we placed the bid it started at the opening price. This morning he presented us with a PayPal bill that showed there would be $130.00 worth of bus shipping. We stopped it there and told him we were going to see about UPS and there is a UPS Store in Jefferson City. He hasn't responded yet. Sean , be ready but please wear a neck brace. GPster

rooster

Quote from: "GPster"I think I bought them. He came on line last night and told me he wasn't aware he had 2 bidders but when we placed the bid it started at the opening price. This morning he presented us with a PayPal bill that showed there would be $130.00 worth of bus shipping. We stopped it there and told him we were going to see about UPS and there is a UPS Store in Jefferson City. He hasn't responded yet. Sean , be ready but please wear a neck brace. GPster
you have mail!!!!!!!!!!

GPster

[/quote] you have mail!!!!!!!!!![/quote]                                                    I seem to remember a mail problem between you and me before. I got your last message on this subject but the latest one has not arrived yet. Still nothing from the seller either. I keep forgetting that some people have something to do other than this. How's the new boy;s plans for his Chevy, need to change my train of thought. GPster

rooster

Quote from: "GPster"
you have mail!!!!!!!!!![/quote]                                                    I seem to remember a mail problem between you and me before. I got your last message on this subject but the latest one has not arrived yet. Still nothing from the seller either. I keep forgetting that some people have something to do other than this. How's the new boy;s plans for his Chevy, need to change my train of thought. GPster[/quote] I sent the message right after the orignal post was made!!!!!!!!!!! Thought a relay may be at hand!!!!!!!! Try to go get the message,,,, Make sure your mail box is not full,,,,, or get e-mail me.

Dan took the front end off his car, its in a garage but no heat, hes started to collect parts for the coversion to disks, was able to get Toranado rotors over counter for 20 each. Dont know about the chevell calapers, Blazer backing plates will come from JY. If it ever stops raining!

GPster

I'm not supposed to know this but Santa and his helper (the one with the Pay Pal account) have taken the matter out of my (our) hand. The doors are being shipped, "HOWEVER". Thank you all for your enlightenment during this time that I have made difficult for myself (combined with the fact that Ebay now lists two sets of these doors in York,Pa.). Now I will go back to my task on this site of thinking I can be helpful rather than asking for help. Keep in mind that I will have the tops of two doors for anyone that is planning to chop a '47 - '54 Chevy/GMC truck. While you're going through your parts I'll probably need to come up with a '47 - '50 door glass and maybe the mechanism. GPster

Sean

Quote from: "GPster"Ebay now lists two sets of these doors in York,Pa.).

That happens just about every time I buy something on ebay. Two days later I find something Cheaper, or in better shape...

MO_JUNK

Quote from: "GPster"I quess I need for someone to sit me down and tell me the facts of "Real Life". When the first chevy truck door wasn't going anywhere I looked further down the Ebay 1950 Chevrolet truck page and there was a pair in Missouri. This guy had a pair and was willing to ship. He suggested Greyhound so I sent the enquiery and ask him if he knew how much. The doors I have would make my patch panels and I like the full glass with-out vent windows anyway ( it's cold and windy today so I'm re-considering the choice that door glass wasn't necessary). I don't feel right about asking the guy to shop prices on shipping, especially on a weekend. Anyone got any ideas on shipping from Missouri to Ohio? I'm not a cheapskate but I am frugal. I have trouble thinking about spending $120.00 to ship $100.00s worth of doors ( if there is no more action on the bidding than there is now). You've got about 8 hours to help me make up my mind. GPster

GPster, I live in Rolla, 60 miles south of jefferson City. Is there anyway I can help you. I've been trying to get a message to Enjenjo. By the way, I have two rust free one piece glass door shells for the advance design trucks(late 47-50) Sam

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.