AUGUST 2010 EVENTS

Started by bucketmouth, January 11, 2010, 08:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

Okay I can't help myself I'm coming back  for another visit. I have most of it planned except for the weekend of August 20 - 22. I know the Goodguys are on in Ohio but are there any other big events they may be on that same weekend?
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

river1

i believe that the HAMB drags are that weekend, denise woud know for sure. it is a can't miss weekend full of good people, good fun, good racing, good cars, and good drinkin, what else can you ask for :roll:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

bucketmouth

:oops: I just noticed I made a mistake with the heading it should be 2010 :oops:
I'm still searching for events to go to in August.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

Frog Follies, but they are August 27-29 in Evansville, IN. Pre-'49 event. I am planning on going to this one.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

Jim is correct, that is the weekend of the HAMB Drags in Joplin, MO.  In my opinion the best event in the whole country and I go to alot of them.  It is also the same weekend as the HUGE Woodward Dream Cruz in Detroit Michigan which is an event everyone should experience at least once.  If you come to detroit you are more then welcome to stay at my place for the long weekend.  You will have the house to yourself as I will be at the HAMB Drags.  My place is about 10 miles from Woodward and I have three bedrooms not to mention a few couches for sleeping.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

bucketmouth

Thanks for the offer Denise, I'm still looking at different events to go to at the moment. I was searching the HAMB drags like Jim said, to get the background on it and what sort of event it is. Talking to some guys back at the Louisville Nats they said the Frog Follies was really good to go to.
As it will be my last week  after Speed Week I didn't really want to criss cross the country anymore on the way back to L.A. airport.But then again any of those will be events I haven't been to before so I'm still undecided as yet and might just do it.

Hooley

Bucketmouth it is so good to hear that you will be coming to the Salt this year. The HAMB drags are one of the best times to be had. It is located real close to John and I. Isn't Hot August Nights at Reno,NV close to that week-end?

See you at the Salt.  Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"