Humor for the day

Started by kb426, January 08, 2010, 06:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I got tired of removing my headers and recoating them to keep the rust off. I ordered the same header only HPC coated. They came iin and I have them laying on the floor. All of a sudden the light goes off. They have different collector styles. The old ones were flat flange. The new ones are ball and socket. It will be better but instead of 30 minutes of work, it will be many hours to remove the complete system and replace the header flanges. It was 2 years ago that I ordered the first set. There is no mention of a design change.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Have you called them to ask if they by chance have any flat flange ones?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

If they did he would probably have the price of the coating times 2. The header manufacturer probably sends them out to be coated. GPster

kb426

The ball and socket will be a better setup when I'm finished. Other than some work, it'll be good. (I think). I'm getting used to "all the parts I buy have a little surprise with them". I'm doing my best not to let life upset me. I've managed to outlive most of my relatives and I'm very thankful for the good in my life. Taking everything off and doing a little cutting and welding isn't so bad. It's winter. The weather is poor. A project puts a grin on my face. I hope you all have a good weekend.  :D
TEAM SMART

jaybee

That's a great way of looking at things.  I try to do the same.  Sometimes more successfully than others.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

wayne petty

one thing.. i will probably have to apologize for all the trouble that people have run into with ball and socket header flanges...

i used to buy a bunch of parts from western performance..  rex carsons company... the manager and i got into a deep conversation.. about header flanges.. they had their own header line. PSP ..  i told him about ball and socket flanges used on production cars... and said... they are so much better that a gasket seal between two flanged pipes..  

that bending and expanding outward 45 degrees is less stressful then a tight 90..  so there would also be less chances of returns do to bent flanges...

he loved the idea...  so i have screwed up so many peoples projects...

so.. anybody who has complaints ... PM me..

i am probably responsible for directional fins on cast aluminum wheels also...  i ask the aluminum wheel rep if they could cast rims with directional fins... he said its impossible.. i said.. why... if the fins don't overlap..  it will work..  i left the booth.. looked back.. he had a strange look on his face...  a few years later.... directional fins...

sometimes.. i feel like forest gump...

i guess i should stop giving away my best ideas...

47convert

Hey Wayne - are you responsible for Windows 7? LOL. Just kidding Bud.

enjenjo

Quote from: "47convert"Hey Wayne - are you responsible for Windows 7? LOL. Just kidding Bud.

No, that's Tony's fault. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

57larry

could you blast & coat the old headers ?