getting spam from this site!!!from a member named sourcetug

Started by brucer, January 03, 2010, 07:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

Quote from: "brucer"i'm not griping or anything just i have been a member here for a long time, just the first time i got any spam.

how bout a capcha system?

You mean like this?

Apparently it is not working as well as you would like. I will endevor to work harder to keep the spammers at bay as I do not already have enough to do what with work, family, coaching a high school bowling team, this site, and full time college classes too. That almost leaves me 5 minutes to work on my car.

brucer

yep thats capcha.. what version of phpbb are you running, just curious?

brucer

Quote from: "brucer"yep thats capcha.. what version of phpbb are you running, just curious?

its really no tthat big of a deal, didnt mean for it to blow out of proportion, i joined in 08 and have never gotten spam before..  

no worries

enjenjo

Please be patient, we are doing the best we can. We have to balance having the ability for new members to sign up, against keeping out the SPAM. If it takes adding another layer of security, we will.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

all this and i don't believe i've EVER gotten spam from this site...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

river1

Quote from: "tomslik"all this and i don't believe i've EVER gotten spam from this site...

+1
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

taxpyer

For what it's worth..........................it would take a hell of a lot more than spam to make me leave this group. ............ This is one of the best groups I have ever been apart of ,,,,,,,,,spam or no spam,,,,,,,,,,, I applaud the moderators for the excellent job they do here keeping this site what it is........... excellent. :wink:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "tomslik"all this and i don't believe i've EVER gotten spam from this site...

+1

Same here.  I do get some spam mail, but don't know where it's coming from.  It's usually just a couple emails a day, and it goes to my junk mail box, then gets deleted.  I figure it's just part of being on the web.

Thanks for your hard work, Frank.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Inprimer

Quote from: "enjenjo"Please be patient, we are doing the best we can. We have to balance having the ability for new members to sign up, against keeping out the SPAM. If it takes adding another layer of security, we will.
This site is  one of the best peer group sites out there, I'll put up with spam(though I haven't detected any) and enjenjo, just shoot the sob's