Need a 37 Chevy drivers vent window regulator

Started by Beck, December 08, 2009, 06:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

Does anyone have a spare drivers side vent window regulator for a '37 Chevy? I think the '38 part is the same.
A good friend is in need of one. He doesn't frequent the PC so he ask me to post here. His car is in the paint shop now. The next stop is the upholstery shop. It will be all finished by spring IF he finds this part.

sirstude

Other than the shaft size, and I think it changed in 46, ALL GM vent regulators interchange, so don't limit it to 37/38 only.  I will check my stash this weekend.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Beck

Quote from: "sirstude"Other than the shaft size, and I think it changed in 46, ALL GM vent regulators interchange, so don't limit it to 37/38 only.  I will check my stash this weekend.

Doug
If they are the same regulater but different shaft sizes can you purchase handles that match? It wouldn't look right to have 2 different style handles.

sirstude

If I have one, it will be a spare for my 41 Olds and will have the same small shaft as his.

I have seen aftermarket crank handles that service both sizes, but not the original type.  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

I went digging through my bins, and could only find the one set that I need for the car.  I have another set somewhere, but darned if I can figure out where.  I guess I am no help, but I will keep looking.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us