3 Years Later, Thanks!.. Tuna Boat goes Racing

Started by msuguydon, October 25, 2009, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

there was a bit of smoke...  off the tire?

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

there is a way to tighten up the spider gears with additional shims and a brass hammer to drive them in...  make a poor mans posi...

i seem to recall that was not the  stock rear end in the tuna boat...

just curious.... what is between your rear wheels...  

oh.. and you might really want to examine the right rear tire for any tread that you might have left on it..   don't want you driving on the cords.. or steel belts..

in my old 67 camaro.. i had a poor mans posi...  ran 12.28 @118 in the quarter with 5:13's, just a SJ 327 with a 750 holley

Rrumbler

It's a good lookin' mordoor; they make great sleepers  How about a refresh on the details; what's pushin' it along and all??  I went looking at some back posts, but didn't find anything.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

msuguydon

Quote from: "Rrumbler"It's a good lookin' mordoor; they make great sleepers  How about a refresh on the details; what's pushin' it along and all??  I went looking at some back posts, but didn't find anything.

Nothing too special, 350 SBC.. bored 0.10, 4 barrel 650 carb, turbo 350 tranny, stock rear end... but I am on the same page, on the sleep.. maybe a new rear end, some head work..

aahhhhh old cars are never "done" are they  :lol:
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Crosley.In.AZ

My 1962 Falcon runs a 10.08  in the    1/8 mile , but the Falcon is a lot lighter than the 1958 you have there.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Danimal

I cannot let Court see this or we'll have his truck in Milan next summer! That looked like a blast and the car looks good at the line. Nice job.

msuguydon

Quote from: "Danimal"I cannot let Court see this or we'll have his truck in Milan next summer! That looked like a blast and the car looks good at the line. Nice job.

Thank You

and it was a blast
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart