Another Aussie on RRT

Started by JohnL, October 14, 2009, 10:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnL

G'day from Downunder.  I've lurked a bit on RRT, and I can see you are an Oz friendly site but now my upcoming CA visit gives me a reason to post.

I'm married with a couple of sons and 4 grandchildren and I have a '38 Ford coupe ute that I'm building very slowly and I'm about to buy a '30 A Model coupe with SBC from Redding in northern California.

I intend to pick it up on Thursday 22 October and then I'd like to slowly drive down to Long Beach (maybe by Tuesday 27) to have it shipped back to Oz.  If this doesn't work out (insurance seems to be difficult to work out) I may need to hire a trailer and a pickup :? .

Which brings me to the reason to post.  Are there some events going on between Redding and LA that would be good to check out?  I've had a look at the "Calendar" section on this site and can't find anything there- if that's an intelligence test, then you'll understand why they've sent us so far away from the Mother Country down here!

Cheers,

John

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

mcdonald

Hi johnL  there all pritty harmless on hear i have been hear a few years and there not bad to talk to and we have the same intrest street rodding but if your home in november don,t forget Bright is on and we have 1000 entress and counting,
LINDSAY

enjenjo

Scooter33 just arranged insurance on his purchase through Progressive Insurance with no drama. He did need a US address, and a US Email to do it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

JohnL

Thanks blokes and thanks for the Progressive Insurance tip enjenjo.  I'm following that up now- hope it gets me on the road without needing the trailer!

BTW, any tips about rodding events on route between Redding and LA between 23rd and 28th October?