Buick trim

Started by enjenjo, September 17, 2009, 12:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I want to change the trim on my Buick, and need some opinions. I do not like the wide trim on it now, never did. There was also a narrow trim, stainless steel, about 3/4" wide with a rib in the center. I have a set of that trim too. That's what I want to use. But I don't like the ventiports in the narrow trim. So I figure to rework a spare quarter trim for the front fender eliminating the ventiports.

Now for your opinion. I would still like the ventiports, but not in the trim, after all it is a Buick. So I was thinking of using some from another year. I don't think round ones fit the look of the car, so I thought of using 50 model ventiports, but the ones on a new Lucerne look like they might work too. Of course there are other years too. What would you do?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

I like the newer ones, are they "stick ons?"

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"I like the newer ones, are they "stick ons?"

Yes they are, and that's one of the problems. I am seeing them "stuck" on everything.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Mark me down for the reworked quarter trim ....Without "Venti-ports" ...I think it looks "cleaner or simpler" without them .... 8)  I have always thought of them as an "add-on" to an otherwise clean design.. :?

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I agree with the cleaner no port look. I like clean and smooth.
TEAM SMART

Mac

I like the Lucerne ports incorporated into the side trim. The linear style works with the lines of the wagon.
Who\'s yer Data?