BRAKES AGAIN !!!!!!!!

Started by 348tripower, July 02, 2004, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Ok gang, here is the question of the day. I still have a pump the pedal situation in my 37. after 6 years. I ordered new residual pressure valves and was about to replace them WHEN !  I read the instructions only to find that they should be as close to the master cylinder as possible. Mine aren't. they are buried in the frame rails behind the boxing plates. Duh! What does everybody think about adding a additional vale in each line? Can't hurt? Still gotta open at 2 and 10 pounds? Thanks in advance
Don :lol:
Don Colliau

Bruce Dorsi

Additional RPV's can be added, with no detrimental effect.  ...The existing valves do NOT have to be removed unless they are leaking fluid externally.

Try to locate them as close to the master cylinder as possible.

2 psi for any disc circuit.

10 psi for any drum circuit.

I'm sure you've read about the failure rate of Wilwood RPV's.

ECI's valves are good. ..... Enjenjo reports good things about SSBC and Sierra valves.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

348tripower

Thanks for your input Bruce. Took about an hour to hook things up and I now have all the brakes I could want.
:lol:
Don

quote="Bruce Dorsi"]Additional RPV's can be added, with no detrimental effect.  ...The existing valves do NOT have to be removed unless they are leaking fluid externally.

Try to locate them as close to the master cylinder as possible.

2 psi for any disc circuit.

10 psi for any drum circuit.

I'm sure you've read about the failure rate of Wilwood RPV's.

ECI's valves are good. ..... Enjenjo reports good things about SSBC and Sierra valves.[/quote]
Don Colliau